Monday, March 3, 2008

Now I get it!

45 minutes into my math lesson and my best math student says, "Now I get it!" Teaching is awesome. If he got it 45 min. into the lesson, I'm very worried that most of the others still have no idea how to find fractional parts of a group (1/4 of 12, etc). The unit fractions (a 1 in the numerator, top number) are easy because you just divide. The other ones, like 3/5 of 15, are a little more difficult. We'll review tomorrow, then try out mixed numbers - 3rd graders usually like mixed numbers for some reason.

BIG PRESENTATION tomorrow - I'm ready, I swear. I'm more of a facilitator than presenter. I just have to keep the teachers involved and moving along. I have a partner, she's going to do some of the work, also. I'll let her know about the work tomorrow afternoon. She teaches at a different school than I - so she's hard to reach.

Soccer practice went well. I have a new goalie, my previous goalie beat up some kid last week and has to miss part of this week's game. My previous, previous goalie got into BIG trouble and got booted from the team. Maybe I won't use a goalie?

Thanks for voting in the French Fries poll.

Have a nice recess.

No comments: